Social media toolkit
The CHEO Telethon is one of our region’s most beloved traditions. This year, the CHEO Telethon takes place from May 28 through June 10 and you can start making a difference right away! With the generosity and support of our community we will raise funds to provide life-saving care, further world-class research and purchase much needed equipment. The CHEO Telethon honours our bravest heroes – both patients and those who care for them – the team working together to overcome challenges like cancer, rare disease and mental illness.
MIRACLE MATCH SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
What is a ‘Miracle Match’?
Our generous corporate sponsors are making donations dollars go even further. When you visit cheotelethon.com and donate to any of our nine featured patients your donation is matched by a corporate partner. A miracle match is fantastic opportunity to double your impact and double your donation!
When you choose to be #hero4CHEO for [Telethon story] your impact is doubled thanks to [corporate sponsor]. Don’t miss the #CHEOtelethon #MiracleMatch magic. Donate now:
Thousands of kids like [Telethon story] rely on #CHEO every year. Help CHEO continue to provide world class care by doubling your donation now, thanks to #hero4CHEO [corporate sponsor] and #CHEOtelethon
There’s magic in the air! When your make a donation on [feature patient]’s page, you’ll be a #hero4CHEO and your donation is doubled thanks to [corporate sponsor]! #CHEOtelethon is ON and you don’t want to miss the #MiracleMatch magic. Donate now:
Thousands of kids like [featured patient] rely on #CHEO every year. Your choice to donate during the #CHEOtelethon helps CHEO provide world class care. Thanks to your support and #hero4CHEO [corporate sponsor] who is matching your donation, your generosity will go twice as far! Donate now:
Don’t miss the #MiracleMatch magic! Double your impact when you make your donation on the page of any of this year’s #CHEOtelethon feature patients. Your dollars will be matched thanks to [corporate sponsor]. Donate today:
There are thousands of kids that rely on #CHEO every year. You can help CHEO provide life-saving care and produce world-class research. [Corporate sponsor] is giving you a chance to double your #CHEOtelethon donation with a #MiracleMatch. Make an impact by donating today.
How can I help?
- Use your social media channels to help us spread the word and encourage your friends to donate and support CHEO during the CHEO Telethon from May 28 through June 10.
- Hashtag, hashtag, hashtag (#hero4CHEO, #CHEOtelethon) and help to start an online conversation about the CHEO Telethon.
- Retweet and share content from CHEO’s social media channels.
- Facebook: @CHEOkids
- Twitter: @CHEOhospital
- Instagram: @CHEOhospital
GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Here are some social media posts that you can use to promote the CHEO Telethon from May 28 through June 10 to your social network.
- If the post indicates that you insert a [Featured patient], simply insert the name of the featured patient whose story touches you most.
- To find out the appropriate [corporate sponsor] name to use to promote the Miracle Match, please refer to the featured patient’s Telethon page – you will find the corporate partner listed here.
- Please ensure that you always use #hero4CHEO – that’s our main hashtag during the CHEO Telethon (#CHEOtelethon is an important hashtag too, use it when you can!)
#hero4CHEO Molly Penny brings joy to #CHEO and our community helps to make sure she’s there to clown around! #CHEOtelethon is the perfect time to help #CHEO keep spreading smiles. Donate now:
Last year, over 70,000 children visited #CHEO’s Emergency Department – it’s the busiest ER in Ontario! Support life-saving care during #CHEOtelethon and donate:
Thousands of kids like [Telethon story] rely on #CHEO every year – help #CHEO provide world class care and conduct ground-breaking research during #CHEOtelethon. Donate today:
You can be a #hero4CHEO in many different ways. #CHEOtelethon has begun! Donate, watch or both – choose your own heroic adventure:
Thanks to community support, #hero4CHEO Molly Penny is clowning around and bringing joy to #CHEO patients. #CHEOtelethon is the perfect time to help CHEO continue to spread smiles and laughter. Donate now:
#CHEO’s Emergency Department is one of the busiest in Ontario. You can support the world-class care and ground-breaking research that saves lives by participating in this year’s #CHEOtelethon! Donate today:
There are many ways to be a #hero4CHEO and make a big impact on thousands of kids that need you. #CHEOtelethon is on NOW and you can donate, watch or both – choose your own heroic adventure!
Community support helps to ensure that #hero4CHEO Molly Penny is clowning around and bringing joy to #CHEO patients during their stay. #CHEOtelethon is your chance to help CHEO continue to spread smiles & laughter. Donate today:
#DYK? #CHEO’s ER is one of the busiest in Ontario and is always open to help little ones just like [Telethon story]! You can support the life-saving care that #CHEO provides and fund ground-breaking research by participating in year’s #CHEOtelethon. Please donate:
#CHEOtelethon is ON! You can be a #hero4CHEO in many different ways – choose your own heroic adventure. Donate, watch or do both and support incredible kids that need someone like you.
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOVLED
- Change your social media headers to promote the CHEO Telethon.
- Update your Facebook profile picture with our customized CHEO Telethon frame – available only between May 28 and June 10.
- Start a personal fundraising page here and encourage family and friends to get involved by donating.
CHEO: Interesting Facts
Here are some interesting facts that help to illustrate how vitally important CHEO is to our community. #DYK?
- Each year CHEO diagnoses 75 children with cancer. That’s more than one per week.
- Last year, over 70,00 children and youth visited CHEO’s Emergency Department.
- Almost 30,000 packs of crayons are used annually by kids by CHEO to help pass the time during their stay.
- CHEO is the only hospital in Canada to have a “Kid Clown School.” Laughter and play help kids get better faster.
- More than 101,000 Band-Aids were used at CHEO last year to take away the ‘ouch.’
- Last year 46,850 patients had to say “ahh.” That’s 46,850 tongue depressors used at CHEO!
Feel free to use these facts and stats in your own social media messaging to help encourage participation in the CHEO Telethon.
Download these files to give the #CHEOtelethon a temporary home on your social media channels and show the world that you’re a #hero4CHEO.